Call for Research Proposals
The call is now closed. Applications are being screened and will be evaluated according to the criteria listed in the announcement.
EIEF funds research projects in economics and finance to foster high-quality and policy-relevant research in Italy.
Project content and characteristics
Projects can be in any field of economics and finance, provided they are:
- highly innovative and able to advance the understanding of economic behaviour, systems or policies;
- potentially able to yield at least one paper publishable in a top academic journal;
- carried out by an individual researcher based in an Italian institution or a team of researchers whose principal investigator satisfies the same criterion.
Preference is given to projects whose principal investigator is under the age of 40.
Project duration and funding
- the duration of each project is 1 year from the official communication of the award; the funds for each project are up to EUR 10,000; 50% of the grant is paid upon approval, 50% upon completion and presentation of the final project at a seminar at EIEF;
- up to 50% of the funds can be used as direct compensation of the researchers.
Research proposal must be written in English. To apply fill in the online form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2015. Each proposal must contain:
- clear motivation and description of the research question and strategy;
- timeline of the project;
- financial plan, clearly identifying the financial needs;
- allocation of tasks among the participants (if there is more than one);
- a brief CV of each participant in the project.
A committee appointed by EIEF will select up to 8 projects. A project representative may be invited to present and discuss it at EIEF. The main criterion for selection is the quality of the project, together with an assessment of its feasibility by the proponent team.
All proposals, committee decisions and output of the projects at the various stages will be made available on EIEF’s web page.
One of the researchers for each of the funded projects will present the output of the project at a seminar at EIEF.
Intellectual property rights will be transferred to EIEF upon acceptance of the grant.