Scholarships previous years
Awards of the year 2008
On the year 2008 EIEF has awarded four scholarships to Italian students starting their Ph.D. in economics or related disciplines in a foreign university. The scholarships assigned amounted to 15.000 euros and covered the tuition fees up to 25.000 euros. The winners of the year 2008 are the following:
- Ugo Troiano, from Bocconi University (Milan). He will start his Ph.D. at Harvard University
- Luca Stella, from Bocconi University (Milan). He will start his Ph.D. at University of Pennsylvania
- Pietro Biroli, from Bocconi University (Milan). He will start his Ph.D. at University of Chicago
- Giovanni Paci, from Rome University La Sapienza. He will start his Ph.D. at Columbia University
See the Italian version of the website for more information.
Dissertation prize “Fausto Vicarelli”
The dissertation prize “Fausto Vicarelli” was awarded. Given the high number of works received and their outstanding quality, it was decided to award the prize ex-equo to the best three dissertations:
- Monica Andini (University Federico II, Naples) with the dissertation “Finanza e Crescita: analisi teorica ed evidenza empirica”;
- Claire Giordano (University Tor Vergata, Rome) with the dissertation “La cartellizzazione tramite consorzi come possibile causa del persistere della grande depressione in Italia”;
- Lucia Rizzica (University Bocconi, Milan) with the dissertation “Doctors on the move: an empirical study of African medical brain drain”.
The prize was awarded by the President of the Fausto Vicarelli Association during the meeting of the Italian Economics Society which was held in Perugia.